- 客戶在開立或延續信貸戶口、建立或延續信貸或分期貸款或要求本公司提供其他財務服務時 (包括但不限於本公司之私人貸款、循環貸款、樓宇按揭及樓宇估價服務等)，需要不時向本公司提供有關的資料，以作處理及審批該項申請。
- 向客戶及為客戶之貸款提供抵押的人士追收欠款以維持當時人之信貸檔案以作本公司現在或將來之參考(不論當時人與本公司存在關係與否) ；
- 本公司會對其持有的客戶資料保密，但本公司可能會把該等資料提供給下述各方（不論在香港特別行政區內外）作第(4) 段列出的用途︰
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION STATEMENT
In compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”), Surewin Credit Limited (the “Company”) would like to inform you the following:
- From time to time, it is necessary for customers to supply the Company with data in connection with the opening or continuation of loan accounts and the establishment or continuation of credit facilities or credit instalment or provision of other financial services.
- Failure to supply such data may result in the Company being unable to open or continue loan accounts or establish or continue credit facilities or credit instalment or provide other financial services.
- It is also the case that data are collected from customers by the Company in the ordinary course of the continuation of the business relationship; for example, when customers process of new or renewal of loan application or other financial services, by means of written documentation, verbal conversation or online communication.
- The purposes for which data relating to a customer may be used are as follows:
- processing of applications for credit facilities and / or other financial services;
- the daily operation of the services and credit facilities provided to customers;
- conducting credit or other status checks at the time of application for credit and at the time of regular or special reviews which normally will take place one or more times each year, and carrying out matching procedures (as defined in the Ordinance) by the Company;
- creating and maintaining the Company’s credit scoring system;
- assisting other money lenders and/or financial institutions to conduct credit checks and collect debts;
- ensuring ongoing credit worthiness of customers;
- designing financial services or related products for customers’ use;
- marketing financial services or related products of the Company and/or selected companies;
- determining the amounts owed to or by customers;
- conducting insurance claims or analysis;
- for operational purposes, credit assessment or statistical analysis of the Company;
- collection of amounts outstanding from customers and those providing security for customers’ obligations;
- maintaining a credit history of customers (whether or not there exists any relationship between customers and the Company) for present and future reference of the Company;
- meeting the requirements to make disclosure to the relevant supervisory or regulatory authorities, policy or court of law under the requirements of any law, regulation or court order binding on the Company, or under and for any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which the Company is expected to comply;
- enabling an actual or proposed assignee of the Company, or a participant, sub-participant or transferee of the rights of the Company in respect of the customer, to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment, participation or sub-participation; and
- purposes relating thereunto.
- The company may from time to time access and obtain a credit report on the customer from a credit reference agency for reviewing any of the following matters in relation to the credit facilities granted:
- an increase in the credit amount;
- the curtailing of credit (including the cancellation of credit or a decrease in the credit amount);
- the putting in place or the implementation of a scheme of arrangement with the customer.
- Data held by the Company relating to a customer will be kept strictly confidential; however, the Company may disclose such data to any or all of the following parties and may do so notwithstanding that the recipient’s place of business is outside Hong Kong, including Mainland China and Macau or that such information following disclosure will be collected held, processed or used by such recipient in whole or part outside Hong Kong, for the purposes set out in paragraph (4):
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or securities clearing, data processing or any other services to the Company in connection with the operation of its business;
- any other person including the Company’s affiliated company(ies) under a duty of confidentiality to the Company which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- the drawee bank providing a copy of a paid cheque (which may contain information about the payee) to the drawer;
- credit reference agencies, and, in the event of default, to debt collection agencies;
- any person to whom the Company is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, regulation or court order binding on the Company or any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which the Company is expected to comply;
- any actual or proposed assignee of the Company or participant or sub-participant or transferee of the Company’s rights in respect of the customer; and
- to selected companies for the purpose of informing customers of services which the Company believes will be of interest to customers.
- Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance and the Code of Practice on Consumer Credit Data approved and issued under the Ordinance, any customer has the right:-
- to check whether the Company holds data about him and of access to such data;
- to require the Company to correct any data relating to him which is inaccurate;
- to ascertain the Company’s policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by the Company;
- to be informed on request which items of data are routinely disclosed to credit reference agencies or debt collection agencies, and be provided with further information to enable the making of a data access and correction request to the relevant credit reference agency or debt collection agency; and
- in relation to data which has been provided by the Company to a credit reference agency, to instruct the Company upon termination of an account by full repayment to make a request to the credit reference agency to delete such data from its database, as long as the instruction is given within five years of termination and at no time did the account have a default of payment lasting in excess of 60 days within 5 years immediately before account termination. In the event the account has had a default of payment lasting in excess of 60 days the data may be retained by the credit reference agency until the expiry of five years from the date of final settlement of the amount in default or five years from the date of discharge from a bankruptcy as notified to the Company, whichever is earlier.
- In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, the Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
The Data Protection Officer
Surewin Credit Limited
1/F, Luen Wo Building, 337 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
Tel: 2110 9646
Fax: 2110 9502
- .Nothing in this Statement shall limit the rights of customers under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.